• If your body-mass index is 40 and above
• If your body-mass index is between 35 and 40 and have comorbidities secondary to obesity such as hypertension, diabetes, sleep apnea, hyperlipidemia, joint-related problems, diminished quality of life, etc.
• If you are 18 to 65 years old (also in patients under 18 and above 65 of age who meet some criteria, operation may be performed)
• Those people who cannot lose weight despite tried the nonsurgical methods
Who are not suitable?
• Patients who don’t have cardiopulmonary performance to strength for anesthesia and operation
• Patients with alcohol and drug addiction
• Those who have a serious untreated psychiatric problem
The way that the patients who want to have operation will follow:
• Filling out a questionnaire before the interview
• Interview with the bariatric surgery department
• Appointment for the evaluations to be done before operation
• Planning the date of operation